Recognizing the importance of the protection of personal information in the advanced information and telecommunications society, our company complies with laws and ordinances regarding the protection of personal information and will handle personal information lawfully and properly.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
We will acquire any personal information by lawful and fair means.
2. Management of Personal Information
- We will maintain the accuracy of personal information.
- We will take appropriate information security measures against unlawful access, computer viruses and so on, in order to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information.
3. Use of Personal Information
- Except as set forth in the Personal Data Protection Law (the “Law”), we will use personal information within the scope of the purpose of its use as indicated at the time of its acquisition, and to the extent necessary for the performance of our business activities.
- If we intend to jointly use personal information with a third party or to entrust the handling of personal information to a third party, we will conduct a thorough investigation of the third party and properly supervise them in order to have them maintain confidentiality.
- We will ensure security control for the protection of personal information and take all possible measures to prevent leakage of personal information.
4. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
Except as set forth in the Law, we will not provide a third party with any personal information without the prior consent of the owner of such personal information (“Owner”).
5. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Deletion of Personal Information; Complaint Handling
- We acknowledge that each Owner has the right to claim for disclosure, correction, suspension of the use of, or deletion of one’s own personal information (“Disclosure”). If each Owner claims the right of Disclosure, we will promptly respond to one’s demand in accordance with the Law.
- We will establish a service counter for complaints and inquiries about claims for Disclosure and the handling of personal information.
6. Organization System
- We will elect persons in charge of the protection of personal information who shall work under a chief privacy officer designated by our representative directors, and thereby carry out proper management of personal information.
- We will train our officers and employees regarding methods of protecting and properly managing personal information, and thereby properly handle personal information in our daily business activities.
7. Formulation, Implementation, Maintenance, and Improvement of Personal Information Protection Compliance Program