Update: September 27, 2019
Changes in automobile production, sales, export units
- Download Data
Results for August 2019 (Flash Report)
|August 2019||Jan-Aug 2019|
|Units||2019 vs 2018||Units||'19 vs '18|
|Domestic production *1||44,534||−4.3%||First decrease in 4 months||392,852||−8.4%|
|Overseas production *2||20,842||−42.2%||First decrease in 2 months||246,868||+8.0%|
|Global production total||65,376||−20.9%||First decrease in 2 months||639,720||−2.7%|
|Passenger vehicles||8,170||−3.8%||First decrease in 2 months||74,757||−5.5%|
|Mini vehicles||1,914||+12.5%||2nd consecutive month of increase||17,582||−12.0%|
|Japan sales total||10,084||−1.1%||First decrease in 2 months||92,339||−6.8%|
|Export total *3||37,696||−22.4%||First decrease in 4 months||315,212||−9.0%|
- Domestic production decreased as production of Impreza and Subaru XV declined.
(The Gunma plant was operated on the revised operation schedules applied since November 2018.)
- Overseas production decreased as production volume of the all-new Legacy and Outback models was controlled in order to ensure quality of new vehicles before ramp-up. (Production of the two models started at the end of July.)
Sales in Japan
- Passenger vehicle sales decreased as sales of Impreza and other models declined.
- Mini vehicle sales decreased as sales of Chiffon and other models declined.
- Exports from Japan decreased for reasons related to shipping vessel schedules.