Update: May 30, 2019
Changes in automobile production, sales, export units
- Download Data
Results for April 2019 (Flash Report)
|April 2019||Jan-Apr 2019|
|Units||2019 vs 2018||Units||'19 vs '18|
|Domestic Production *1||54,260||−5.4%||9th consecutive month of y/y decrease||180,203||−20.4%|
|Overseas Production *2||☆||35,326||+22.8%||10th consecutive month of y/y increase||136,289||+16.5%|
|Global Production Total||89,586||+4.0%||First y/y increase in 5 months||316,492||−7.8%|
|Passenger Vehicles||8,151||+14.6%||First y/y increase in 18 months||39,244||−10.9%|
|Mini Vehicles||1,806||−4.8%||5th consecutive month of y/y decrease||9,195||−22.3%|
|Japan Sales Total||9,957||+10.5%||First y/y increase in 18 months||48,439||−13.3%|
|Export Total *3||45,729||−6.5%||6th consecutive month of y/y decrease||141,071||−24.0%|
- Domestic production decreased year-on-year, due mainly to changes in plant operation schedules.
- Overseas production increased year-on-year boosted by production of Ascent which started in May 2018.
Sales in Japan
- Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year, led by the fully-redesigned Forester launched in July 2018 as well as increased sales of the Subaru XV driven by strong demand for the "e-Boxer"-equipped models.
(e-Boxer: Subaru's newly-developed power unit system that combines a 2.0-liter horizontally-opposed, direct injection Subaru Boxer engine with an electric motor.)
- Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to decreased sales of the Chiffon and other models.
- Exports from Japan decreased year-on-year due to a decrease in domestic production.