Update: March 28, 2019
Changes in automobile production, sales, export units
- Download Data
Results for February 2019 (Flash Report)
|February 2019||Jan-Feb 2019|
|Units||2019 vs 2018||Units||'19 vs '18|
|Domestic Production *1||47,414||−20.7%||7th consecutive month of y/y decrease||69,367||−33.6%|
|Overseas Production *2||32,146||+9.5%||8th consecutive month of y/y increase||67,775||+15.5%|
|Global Production Total||79,560||−10.8%||3rd consecutive month of y/y decrease||137,142||−15.9%|
|Passenger Vehicles||9,688||−8.6%||16th consecutive month of y/y decrease||15,071||−24.6%|
|Mini Vehicles||2,391||−20.5%||3rd consecutive month of y/y decrease||4,355||−24.2%|
|Japan Sales Total||12,079||−11.3%||16th consecutive month of y/y decrease||19,426||−24.5%|
|Export Total *3||27,644||−45.8%||4th consecutive month of y/y decrease||48,978||−43.4%|
- Domestic production decreased year-on-year, due mainly to limited supply of Electric Power Steering units*4 from a supplier.
- Overseas production increased year-on-year boosted by production of the Ascent that started in May 2018.
Sales in Japan
- Passenger vehicle sales decreased year-on-year, due to supply shortages of vehicles caused by limited supply of Electric Power Steering units*4 from a supplier.
- Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to decreased sales of the Chiffon and other models.
- Exports from Japan decreased year-on-year due to decreased production in January and February.