Initiatives in FY2017
In line with the voluntary environmental conservation plan, a voluntary plan is being created from the four aspects of “Global Warming Measures,” “Resource Recycling,” “Pollution Prevention,” and “Environmental Management” and initiatives for the plan are being promoted.
Main Initiatives and Results (excerpted from the Fifth Voluntary Plan for the Environment)
- Launched the new Impreza model incorporating an environmental engine and CVT both domestically and to the global market.
- Reduced CO2 emissions per production value from domestic production plants by 43% from FY2007 levels.
- Achieved a 10% reduction in CO2 emission base units for distribution from FY2007.
- Achieved a 95% or greater recycle rate in FY2017 by promoting a recycling-centric design for new vehicles.
- Continued zero landfill at foreign and domestic production plants.
- Expanded development of a low-noise tire with good fuel economy and promoted reduction of road noise.