Subaru debuts two new concept cars at Tokyo Auto Salon
Tokyo, January 14, 2022 – Subaru Corporation and its motorsport subsidiary, Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI), have revealed two electric concept models, the STI E-RA CONCEPT and SOLTERRA STI CONCEPT, at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2022 held from January 14 to 16 at the Makuhari Messe convention center.
|STI E-RA CONCEPT||SOLTERRA STI CONCEPT|
The STI E-RA CONCEPT is a concept model of the STI E-RA electric race car being developed under STI’s near-future motorsport study project, the STI E-RA CHALLENGE PROJECT, launched with the aim of gathering experience with new technologies in the world of motorsports for the carbon-neutral era.
The SOLTERRA STI CONCEPT is based on the Solterra all-electric SUV which made its world debut in November 2021. Featuring a roof spoiler, cherry-red under spoilers, and other special parts on its exterior, the model inspires Subaru’s superior driving dynamics.
Exhibit vehicles list:
|STI E-RA CONCEPT (World premiere)||Concept / show cars|
|SOLTERRA STI CONCEPT (World premiere)|
|LEVORG STI performance CONCEPT|
|WRX S4 STI performance CONCEPT|
|SUBARU BRZ STI performance||Custom car|
|SUBARU BRZ GT300 2021||Race car|
- Subaru Tecnica International Inc Unveils the Near-future Motorsport EV Concept (January 14, 2022)
- 2022 SUBARU Motorsport Activities (January 14, 2022)
- Subaru Announces Lineup for Tokyo Auto Salon 2022 (December 23, 2021)
- Subaru wins its first-ever Super GT title with all-new Subaru BRZ GT300 in Japan (December 1, 2021)
- Subaru’s First Global All-Electric Vehicle SOLTERRA Makes World Debut (November 11, 2021)